Information Visitor Entry Tax. Read more

Information before departure

Are you going on vacation soon? On this page, we have listed all the information you need at our airport.


The check-in desks for domestic flights are always open 2 hours before the scheduled departure time. For international flights you can check in 3 hours before the flight. The closing time of the check-in desk differs per airline.

Always check your airline’s information to see if they may recommend additional time for check-in.


How much baggage (hand and hold baggage) you can take with you differs per airline. In general, the maximum allowed amount is stated on your ticket. For more information about the amount of baggage, see the website of the airline you are flying with.

What can you take with you?

Passport control

Due to the identification requirement at the airport, you must always bring a valid passport with you when traveling. All children must have their own passport.

The Royal Netherlands Marechaussee is responsible for carrying out the border protection task at the airport. This means, among other things, that they carry out border checks and work as police at the airport.

You can contact them via:

Koninklijke Marechaussee Caribisch Nederland – Bonaire
Tel:       +599 717-8858

Information about visas and stay

For more information regarding visas and stay, please refer to the website of the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Caribbean visas

Traveling with minors

A minor traveling alone or accompanied by someone who is not her / his parents must be in possession of the following documents:

  • Valid passport;
  • Family book, Marriage book or Birth certificate (this to be able to prove who the parents are);
  • Compulsory education form (if the minor travels during the school period);
  • Letter of consent with signature and copy of passport from parents who indicate that the child will travel alone and / or with a companion;
  • If the minor is traveling with an accompanying person, the name of the accompanying person must be stated in the letter of consent.

Pay attention:

If you share parental responsibility and are travelling alone with your child, you must have the other parent’s consent.

If you have sole parental responsibility, you do not need permission, but you will need other documents showing that you do so.

If you are the child’s parent but you do not have parental responsibility, you will need the consent of the parent who has parental responsibility.

Consent letter for minors travelling abroad